This is the most moist and delicious carrot cake you’ll ever taste! This has just the right amount of texture. It’s very moist and slightly dense and is amazing with cream cheese frosting! I do not enjoy carrot cake that is loaded with thick, grated carrots and too many nuts and raisins. Too chewy for my taste. This recipe called for carrot baby food and crushed pineapple. I’ve made a couple of revisions. I pureed a 14 oz. can of sliced carrots and omitted crushed pineapple. I added finely shredded carrots and a small amount of raisins. Feel free to add finely chopped nuts and more raisins if you wish. Simply irresistible!
As with any other cake recipe, you can make cupcakes. The recipe will make approximately 2 1/2 dozen. The upside to cupcakes is they take less than half the time to bake and much less time to cool. They’re easy to serve, and they’re the perfect portion. Top with sprinkles, who doesn’t love sprinkles???
Best Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
1-14 ounce can pureed carrots or 14 ounces carrot baby food
1 cup oil
1 large carrot, peeled and finely grated (3/4 to 1 cup)
1) Preheat the oven to 35o’. Coat 2-9″ round baking pans with Pam cooking spray for baking or 9 x 13″ baking pan. In medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients, raisins and nuts if you’re using.
2) In large mixing bowl add the pureed carrots through the grated carrot, mix to blend.
3) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet all at once. Mix until all dry ingredients are incorporated, do not over mix.
4) Pour into baking pans. For the two 9″ round pans bake 30-35 minutes. For the 9 x 13″ bake for 45 minutes. For cupcakes, spray the paper liners with cooking spray and bake for 18-20 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 ounce softened cream cheese
4 ounces softened butter (one stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
milk as needed
1) With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add the vanilla and the powdered sugar. Mix on the lowest speed of the mixer and add milk 1 teaspoon at a time to get a smooth spreading consistency.
2) Ice the cake generously with the frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate leftovers (if any!)