I just had to share my latest creation with you! I made this dip for a party last night and I/they loved it! Everyone loves artichoke dip but the usual recipe is loaded with mayonnaise. Delicious, but over the top in terms of fat and calories.
As usual, I’ve incorporated my old stand by Greek non-fat yogurt into my recipe. It’s the best cheat ever! You can also lighten it up even more if you’d like to by using low-fat cream cheese and low-fat mayonnaise.
Here’s the recipe…
Spinach, Artichoke and Parmesan Dip
1 1/2 cups greek non fat yogurt
1 8 ounce package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 cloves roasted garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil (in a very small sauce pan over the lowest possible heat, roast finely chopped garlic in the olive oil until slightly browned. Cool.
1/2 cup parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle over the top before baking
dash worcestershire sauce
dash hot sauce
1 lb. thawed and water squeezed out frozen chopped spinach
2 cans artichoke hearts, chopped into small pieces
Stacey’s Pita Chips or toasted garlic baguette
1) Roast the garlic and cool, thaw the spinach and squeeze out water and drain and chop the artichokes.
2) Preheat the oven to 350′. Coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft. Add the yogurt and mayonnaise, beat well, scrape sides of bowl.
4) Add cooled garlic and oil mixture, worcestershire, hot sauce and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and beat.
5) Add the spinach and artichokes and mix on low-speed until well incorporated.
6) Spread into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan.
7) Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with pita chips or toasted baguette