Who doesn’t love french fries? Hard to believe that it takes a few basic ingredients to make these. Crispy oven french fries that actually taste like a potato, how original! My kids go crazy over these. Season them however you like. Load up on the garlic or make them spicy with a few pinches of ground cayenne pepper. Either way, guilt free french fries. Zero trans fat. Zero unpronounceable ingredients. Zero deep frying. Enjoy!
Oven French Fries
4 large russet potatoes with skins or 2 lbs. potatoes
2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
½ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1) Line a baking sheet with 1” sides with Reynold’s non stick foil. (this is key) Set aside.
2) Wash potatoes and slice into ½” fries. Place in a large bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 20 minutes to an hour. (This removes much of the starch and allows for them to get crispy while in the oven.)
3) Preheat oven to 425’. Thoroughly drain potatoes in a colander, shake them up to release as much water as possible.
4) Put potatoes into dry bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over, toss. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle flour over potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
5) Spread out over cookie sheet without overlapping. Drizzle remaining tablespoon of oil over potatoes.
6) Bake for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and carefully give them a turn. Place back into the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until browned to your liking.
Sprinkle parsley over potatoes. Serve immediately.