Bring this salad to your next pot-luck or BBQ. If you like peanut dressing you’re going to love this! I adapted this recipe from a Cooking Light recipe for Indonesian Vegetable Salad with Peanut Dressing. I changed it up a bit and absolutely LOVED this salad! (I changed the dressing recipe slightly with the use of natural peanut butter but that’s it) Love it with the tofu and the quinoa but it would be equally delicious with shredded cooked chicken and pasta. So good!
Indonesian Quinoa Salad With Peanut Dressing
For the salad:
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
1 cup shredded carrot
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
2 cups English cucumber cut into slices then quartered
1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons hot water
3 tablespoons fresh or bottled lime juice
1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1) Cook the quinoa according to package directions and place in a large mixing bowl to cool.
2) Prepare the tofu by slicing into 1/2″ slices and place on several layers of paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2″ cubes.
2) Once the quinoa is cool, add the carrot through the cilantro.
3) Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat until hot and add the canola oil. Add the tofu and brown on all sides. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the salad bowl.
4) Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Pour over the salad ingredients and mix to evenly coat all ingredients. Serves 4.